4.26.2006

Where did the SUN go?

Yesterday I was SO happy. There was nothing that could get me down. I woke up to the sun shining and it's warm arms stretching out to give me a big morning kiss. I spent the day outside, letting the extra energy sink into my veins and give me the push to go, go, go. I took a bike ride, went to the dentist (and even there kept smiling as I forked out 85 euro...argh...and was told to come back next week for some unknown dark patch on my x-rays) and when I picked Jari up from school brought the ball with me so we could go to the park and play...which we did. I love hearing his giggles as we play soccer. Every little laugh just pushes me to run a bit further, chase a bit faster, go mama go! The sun felt almost hot as we played, but it was good, that first warm day of the year. But then this morning I woke and my soul felt as grey as the sky that welcomed me. Why tease me for one little day with all that goodness? Why give me such hope if "tomorrow" is going to be cold and rainy and dreary? The kids wanted to wear shorts and no jacket after the beautiful yesterday, and explaining to them that today just wasn't up to par was a chore in itself. I need the sun. It really does bring me happiness. After a cold, harsh winter I am ready for blooming flowers and that fresh mowed grass smell. I am ready for days spent outside playing and evenings that stay light, drinking a beer under the porch with my husband after the kids are tucked in bed for the night...even tho they don't want to go cuz it's still "lacht" as my son puts it so eloquently. That glimpse of yesterday gave me hope for the coming days...I just wish it wasn't just a tickle and was the full-blown goodness I crave.

No comments: