11.08.2006

What is it about HOME


Today I happened to catch a glance of Oprah on TV. She was recapping a cross-country trip she took with her friend Gayle. They were in Colorado and seeing the mountains and the breathtaking beauty with Into the Great Wide Open playing as background music sent me into blubbering hysterics. It was home. It was land as I know it, land that I love, land that grabs a piece of your heart and never lets it go. It was the exact same feeling of missing home I got when the kids received the movie Spirit as a gift and when we were watching it for the first time, my heart ached for the place that used to be my home....every time I hear the Spirit Soundtrack tears well into my eyes remembering that feeling...a deep longing. It doesn't matter that the mountains are now snow-covered and cold, I just wish I could be there. There is something about home that never leaves you, no matter where you go or how many wonderful experiences you have in your life. Home is where the heart is, and although I now have a new home, I ache for the peace of my true home. It's a longing that will never leave me, a sadness of being away from that beauty, an undescribeable excitement as the plane touches down onto that mountaintop world, and I am enveloped not only in the beauty surrounding me, but the beauty that fills my heart as I know that I have reached home once again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

briefje volgt als het lukt

Anonymous said...

ik kan zo goed begrijpen wat jij voelt,zo ver van huis want al heb je het hier nog zo fijn ,zo julie met zijn viertjes,en ons er soms bij.
jou begin is toch dat hele verre land.
en als jij daar dan verdriet van hebt doet mij dat ook pijn.
Maar gelukkig heb je een fijn gezin en dat maakt heel veel goed,
en je doet het hier super.
petje af.
nou nog een kuffel en tot ziens