7.01.2006

Just About Time

You know how sometimes when an important event is coming, you can't believe it when the day finally arrives...your every nerve is zinging and your head is just full to the max with anticipation, excitement, and fear? Well, today that is me. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to organize all I need to do before our two month journey into what I hope will be bliss. Yesterday I got ALL (and we're talking about 20) my husband's shirts ironed (my LEAST fave job in the world) and ALL the grocery shopping for him done. Yes, he's capable, but I want him to feel free to enjoy his vacation at home without all the extras (meaning us) that cause him stress. He can come home to a clean house every night (maybe his dirty socks will still find a place on the floor, and dishes undone except for once a week), turn on his favorite computer game or channel on the tv, enjoy dinner when he likes (I've got all premade meals in the freezer for him to heat up) and probably fall asleep on the couch every night until the sun wakes him for work the next morning...gosh, I'm going to miss my husband. When I look at him the past few days, I get tears in my eyes thinking about how long it will be until I see him again, making me remember back to when we first met and the pain of saying goodbye. I'm reasuured about how much I love him and how right we are together when I think about all of this. That's the good part.

I've got little piles of stuff everywhere...and a FULL suitcase with just treats and presents...what am I gonna do with our clothes? hahaha And I want to pack light, but always get fearful at the last minute that I won't have what I need and cram it all in. But, I'm going to America....land of 24 hour shopping and looking forward to doing so, so I'm going light. Trust me....

The boys both packed a suitcase of their own to take...yep, filled with toy soldiers and stuffed animals, cars and coloring books, hats and all that fun little boy stuff. Wait til they see that I have "repacked" for them...the screams that will ensue when I tell them 1 animal, 3 cars, and a coloring book for the plane...oh boy, I can't wait! :-) I do have a few treats in store though...a new game and book, a couple of their fave cookies, yogurt in a tube...and they will be fine. Kaeden found all his game boy stuff, we've got the DVD's ready to go, my mind is flowing with excitement about seeing my family and friends. I'm getting to that stage of "I'm going home!!!!"

And come Tuesday morning, bright and early, with everything as ready as it can be, we'll be off...off to the land of the free, the home of the brave, on the biggest day of the year, HER birthday! Here we come, America! Are you ready for us?

No comments: