4.05.2007

Happy Birthday Mom!




Today is my mom's birthday. She is a person that deserves recognition, not only because it's her birthday, but because she is caring, giving, loving, sweet, supportive, and my best friend. She would do anything for me and for my family, but even further, she would do anything for anybody. She is the kind of person with an infectious smile and someone you know you can trust, honesty shining from her eyes. I love to hear her laugh. There are so many people that tell me what a wonderful woman my mom is. And they aren't saying it just to be nice. She is one of those honest-to-goodness wonderful people and others notice it about her. I can't tell you the number of times I have seen her help a stranger. She has a business and is often asked for help in different ways, whether it be a tank of gas or a bite to eat or a ride into town...and she always comes through. The majority of those people aren't trying to take advantage of her, but have an honest need, and she is giving enough to help them. The times she has been cheated leave her feeling completely shriveled, as she looks at people with the same cheery trust as she herself gives. Unfortunately, some people do not have her same loving spirit.




My mom, I could go on for days about all the reasons that I love her. There is nobody else in the world that I can call day or night and pour out my feelings to, knowing she will respond honestly and at the same time give me peace. She tries to keep me centered, keep me recognizing all teh goodness in my life, yet at the same time honoring my feelings by telling me she's sorry I feel as I do if I'm having a down day, or laughing with me until we're crying when I tell her a funny story. She gives so very much of herself, and I fail to tell her often enough just what a terrific mom she is.




I strive to be the kind of person that my mom is. I am much more opinionated, a bit more adventurous, and quite a lot more open than she is. Things I do and say sometimes shock her, but she just keeps her quiet opinions to herself or makes a joke to tell me what she needs me to know. She never puts me down, even when there are times I need a good kick in the butt. She helps me reach for the stars, and encourages me in all that I do. She is quite simply everything a mom should be, with just a little bit extra. There is noone like her.




So, today is her birthday, this wonderful gift of a woman that God has put upon this earth. She truly is a gift, her love shining through. I hope that today she gets back a double dose of all the good she gives. She deserves it. She deserves peace and happiness in her heart, a sunshine smile upon her face, and love that surrounds her in a tight-squeezing hug. Happy Birthday Dear Mom, may it be a day as terrific as you are. I love you.

No comments: