6.16.2006

Babies

My girlfriend called me last night. I haven't talked to her in awhile as we're both busy moms...well, she gave me the news that she's expecting a baby in August...her 4th! I am so happy for her, her husband and their 3 kids. They are a wonderful family and one of those friends of a lifetime I talked about earlier. She talked about how much company they are having this summer and I jokingly told her she's lucky we're not coming too...hahaha. Really, I wish we could see her, but one trip to America can only fit in so many friends, so much family. And still be a vacation, if you know what I mean....

Anyway, I was thinking about babies. Normally, when I see a new baby, or hear about a new one to come, I am thinking about myself and "maybe just one more." Well, I am officially over my baby fever. When Gianna told me she was due, all I felt was relief that it wasn't me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE babies, I love children, but my two keep me "entertained" enough. I have just enough patience for the two of them, just enough love, just enough of mama to go around for my two little guys. I'm sure I could stretch myself further if another were to come along, but I don't need another child. I am content with the family I have been blessed with. I always dreamed of having a little girl, but God has realized my ability of mothering boys and given me my handful, and I am so happy with that. Besides the fact that my husband absolutely without a doubt wants no more children...that helps solidify my own feeling.

So, I resign myself to being the mother that I am and loving the babies of all my friends instead. And I will do it from this point forth with no more jealously, no more need, no more desire. I have given enough to the world, and that's putting it mildly! hahaha Good luck, Gianna, with your diapers and wipes, cute tiny clothes, strollers and car seats. And I know that you will be happy to be blessed once again with one of God's most precious gifts. And thank you for making me realize that I have all that I need, right here in my home and my heart!!!

No comments: