6.12.2006

Overwhelming

UPDATE: 7:50pm- America has disappointed me :-( Biggest defeat to date in the WK. 0-3 It was somewhat what I expected (not quite so big a loss tho) but not what I had hoped. It wasn't without this American cheering section tho...On to game 2...


I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. There is so much to do before we leave for America this summer. I've got 3 weeks to get everything together...all the paperwork, cleaning, organizing, packing, etc. Since we'll be gone from home a full 2 months it just feels really unsure. Erwin will still be home, but I won't be...and I'm the one that usually takes care of all the household stuff. Before we leave I have arranged appointments with Kaed's pediatrician, his orthodontist, his caseworker. For Jari we have surgery scheduled next week. The boys both have end of year school parties the following 2 weekends and we've scheduled a day out with oma, opa, and Ilse as a summer treat before we take off. Jari has a birthday party to attend this week, the soccer coach will be visiting us in the next days, and I have prescriptions and medical passports to get organized, as well as all the paperwork for registering Kaeden's handicap. And then there's just all the regular stuff, including the World Cup. I am not a list maker even though in this case it would be helpful. Lists just make me crazy. Erwin knows how I am, starting one job and becoming distracted by another and so it goes throughout the day. When I fill a bucket of water to scrub the floors, by the time I am done cleaning the mirrors, putting away the laundry and dishes, thawing the meat for dinner, and toting toys upstairs, the water is already cold. That's just how I operate. I am disorganized and that's what makes me, me! A woman of disorganized chaos in my own "organized" fashion....HA!

Tonight America plays in the World Cup. Yesterday I was so excited about Nederland's game. I'm looking forward to watching America, but with less enthusiasm than I had with Holland. I haven't made a cake or decorated, though I will don my American t-shirt in support of my home land. I think it has somethign to do with the fact that America has little to no chance of going far in this tournament. Maybe a bit pessimistic, and if we win tonight I'll be more up to the challenge of the following games. Hmmm, patriotic I'm not in this instance and I feel guilty about it. Strange, but I do. I feel like I should be entering with optimism, but my spirit plays a different tune...and makes me question my American self. Hmph...

Well, as you can see, even my thoughts are disorganized right now. I have too much circling through this little brain of mine and not enough room to hold it all. Plus, I can't help but worry about missing my husband for 5 weeks...that's a long time to be gone from someone you're used to seeing everyday. But, we've done it befroe and will do it again.

So, time to go get something done. Got to cheer for Australia this afternoon in the game against Japan. Promised my Aussie mate I'd give her team a lil help...

Disorganized organization...that's where I'm at today...


2 comments:

MsYennis said...

It's not too terribly unpatriotic not to be all that excited about the
American World Cup games. It's not (yet) an 'american' sport and I think that has something to do with it. Their time is coming though. It seems like every kid I know in America plays soccer these days, and that just means that in years to come to American team will get stronger because more talent will be discovered!

Well... that post got inturupted by a phone call, so now MY mind is in complete chaos and I have no idea what else I was going to say :P

Tera said...

Hey Lisa,

Erwin and I were just discussing that issue, about it being a "new" sport in America. When I was in highschool was the first year it was offered as a high school sport. Like you said, it is getting bigger, and hopefully we'll get in there one day. It was fun to watch anyway...as have been all the games! I'm really enjoying soccer mania! :-)

Cheers, My Friend!