5.18.2008

Mom or Gramma?

This weekend Jari spent in Helmond, sharing his funny little big tooth grin with his aunt and his grandparents. When we called on Saturday night to make pick-up arrangements, I wanted to speak with him, tell him I loved him, hear my baby's voice. So, I got the phone and said "Hello, Jari". When suddenly from the other end of the phone line, MY baby says in his sweetest, most sugary soft voice "Hi Gramma." I got a huge grin on my face as I asked "Who is this" and he says "Oh, hi mama...blah, blah, blah...." without the sugary sweet softness of his gramma voice. It was really funny...do I really sound that much like my mom, or was it the English that had him tricked?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie... I haven't had my kids call me Grandma by accident but they do call me old all the time!!! lol...

Just wanted to say that I love ya and miss ya so much! Thanks for all the links for yellowstone, we are going to stay at the cabin and I think it'll be a blast!

C. said...

Tera,
Would LOVE to find out more about the Reliv. Send me an e-mail when you have a chance!!! oldways@comcast.net

Jen said...

That is so funny... I noticed awhile back that I talk to people differently depending on who it is, too!