6.30.2008

All About Mama

The past week I have been busy. And it's been all fun stuff in which I have immensely enjoyed. Monday I had my yearly BBQ with my choir. We rode bikes through the countryside and ended up at one of the choir members houses for a terrific BBQ and lots of laughter and silly singing and I managed to make it home after the bottles of wine were flowing, but my bike sure wasn't heading in a straight line. I fell into bed around 2am.
Friday my girlfriends and I celebrated my and my friend Amanda's summer birthdays with a Greek dinner out, heading to Sex in the City in which there was lots of laughter, and listening briefly to the music playing during the music festival throughout the city. I was certainly spoiled and it was lots of fun being out with the girls. The conversation never ceases, the jokes and laughter are abundant, and hugs at the end of the night complete the feeling of being loved. Thanks for your friendship, my girliefriends!! I crashed into bed at 3am.
Sturday, we packed up our car with all our camping gear and headed out on a last European jaunt as a family before our trip to America. We managed to take in two museums which were magnificent and loaded with activites for the kids, watched the boys dive in the pool for a first sumemr swim, and played soccer on the field in front of our tents. The weather was perfect, and so were the smiles and fun we shared together. It couldn't have been better, and mama didn't have to cook!
Sunday we stopped by my in-laws house for a farewell party before we leave. There were Dutch and American streamers decorating the garden and the BBQ was all set up for a delicious feast. I shared a bottle of wine with opa and the tables were filled with a sense of comfort and home, fitting in as a member of a wonderful family. I blew out the candles on my cake and was spoiled with lots of special gifts for my birthday. And my boys couldn't have been more happy as the money bags they made at a museum were filled to overflowing with lots of money...rewards for good report cards, a treat for the trip, the emptying of the piggy bank to supply our little ones with a larger bank account. It was a very good evening.
We amde it home in time to watch the final game of the European Championships and I was happy when Spain won, even though nothing would have completed the happiness of the past week better than having Nederland in the finals. Still, I won't complain. I have been blessed time and time again with special treasures in my life, and these celebrations are just the tip of the iceberg. Now, it's time to get my suitcases packed, clean up the house, and head off to my other home, where more fun, more family, and more gifts of love and acceptance await me. I have a lot to do, but once I arrive on American soil, I'll feel the passion of truly being home. And what a treat that is sure to be.


So, my blog may be neglected and I may not get to read my faves as often as I normally do, but I promise you'll hear all about it when I am once again home sweet home...whatever that really means. I'll try to send a few updates when I can be online, but mostly, I'm just planning to enjoy my family and my kids in the summer sun, playing, recharging, and just being me. Until late August...have a super summer!!!

6 comments:

C. said...

WOOT! Good for you having a wonderful time! Summer is fabulous, is it not!

Jade said...

Wow! You have been busy! Sorry about my absence in the past month, I've been inundated by life as well, but its sooooo good to hear about all the fun activities you and your family have been up to!

I wish you guys the best of luck with your flights and hope you have a super wonderful time in the states! Too bad you wont be on the West Coast. I'd take you guys out!

Enjoy your time away, and drop a note when you have the time. We expect pictures as well! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip back home Tera, Kadean and Jari... and also Erwin when he goes over. Say hello to your mom and dad from us all, I hope they are doing ok. Take care of yourselves, enjoy your time there and we will see you all after you get home. Bon voyage! :) Amanda, Corné and Harry xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Jen said...

Have a great trip home! If you come through Iowa, let me know. ;)

Anonymous said...

Such good times--I feel the glow. : ) Have a wonderful trip. See you on the flip side.

Alison said...

have a wonderful trip Tera!!!