9.25.2006

Choir

Who ever said you need to be able to sing to sing?! Take it from me, a mama that sings her boys to sleep at night with no real music sense, a woman that whistles as she works, a wife that dances and belts out tunes next to her husband speeding down the highway with the radio blasting...you don't have to know how to sing, you just gotta do it!

I am proud of me. I joined our local choir after much insistence from Jari's last years teacher. She told me it would give me a chance to meet some people in the community, have more exposure, get involved. I know she is right, getting myself out there will be a big plus for me...finally, one day when she asked, I told her I'd go along and check it out. Tonight was my second choir night, and I really enjoyed myself. I couldn't help but resing the tunes as I headed for home, some of the more catchy ones that grabbed hold of my spirit. Listening to all the men and woman come together in one beautiful harmony, my voice a part of that beautiful music...how did I do that? It amazes me that someone with no musical background, no real sense of rhythm or best, can assist in creating something so lovely. I may have oops-ed a few times, but we just started again and I quickly caught on to what piano and forte mean, what different notes mean just by listening. I think Soprano may be too high for me...my voice is a bit scratchy tonight...but I don't care, I can sing!!!!

There may be too many concerts to attend, too many eevnings that Erwin is alone with the boys, too many evenings that I "have something else to attend"...but I am a part of a group, a part of my community, a part of the world outside the four walls of my home...I feel like I could...well, SING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you Tera! I heard about this a few months ago from Sharon, but you weren't sure about joining. I am glad you did, and that you are also enjoying it. I was in the choir when I was at school and I loved it! I still sing alot in the house... drives Corne nuts sometimes! haha. It is good to get out into the community and interact with other people... it does make you feel good, I get that interaction through weight watchers and now through the walking club. Good luck to you, will have to come and see you singing one night! :) Amanda.