9.14.2006

Well, it's finally just another day...Jari's 5th birthday is finally officially over...you know how most people celebrate their birthday once and get on with life? Well, Mr. King got to celebrate 5 (yes, FIVE) times. A bit much, but he celebrated with everyone, which was what was important to me. For the first time ever, he spent his real birthday with my parents and that meant a lot to them. He had a party with relatives and friends from America the weekend before, he had a serenade from the Mexican band at a family dinner, he had a BBQ celebration with oma, opa, and Ilse, and finally came his friend party yesterday...teh pirate feast...and it was a great day (with many comments from parents on the super-cool American party style). But, thanks for small miracles, it's now over...2 weeks into age 5, and we're completely done!!! With a house full of new toys and a definite need to get rid of some old ones.

In other news, we could use your thoughts and prayers. Oma is going to the doctor today and will get the date for her hip replacement. As much as I hope the surgery will help make her life less painful and more active, it's still a major deal with months of revalidation therapy. She's got a long road ahead of her, and I feel for her (luckily I don't have to literally feel it all!). It's times like this that I wished I still lived in Helmond, where I could be of more help, be there at her beckoning call, bring over a wholesome dinner , put the dishes away, throw in a load of laundry (yes, I'd even be willing to do the laundry! :-)) Being in Belgium, this is nearly impossible, but I'll still be there if needed, whatever that takes. Probably the best thing will be staying away with my bouncing, active, energetic boys!!! Though for her spirit having them around will be the best medicine, once she's through the worst. We're pulling for you oma...let's get it done and move forward with life!!! Sucess!

I've got LOTS of cleaning up to do today. So, better go and get started. My husband has a party after work tonight, so I'll be swinging it single with my two little loves tonight. Have fun Papa! And come back to us after safe and sound...

1 comment:

MsYennis said...

Jari's pirate party looked like SO much fun :) Loved the pics! Now where are those vacation pics at??? :)