9.30.2006

Recap of a Week

Today: Wake up feeling horrible...my nose is stuffed, my sinuses are clogged, and my cough dredges up phlegm...yuck! I don't wanna get out of bed. BUT, I have to...there's a soccer game to watch! Yippee...I get breakfasts and sport bags ready and then jump in the shower, take some extra vitamins, and head out...and am THERE to see my son score his first ever goal during a game!!! Talk about making it worth it! And it wasn't 1, but 2 goals he made to accompany the team to an 8-3 win! After, I drove Kaeden home...a caring boy with an agenda to take care of Nicky. We got him ready for Scouts and off he went...I am here alone with lots of chores to accomplish while Erwin and Jari venture off with oma and opa for an afternoon in Stevensweert. And once again this cold is suffocating me...but I can't let it get the best of me...we've got the races to go to tomorrow! Zandvoort, here we come...rev up those engines, make my adrenaline rush...

Friday: I spent today shopping...for free, no less! A day out to lunch with friends, a full sack of new clothes, and all of this "on the house"...Amanda's house that is. After cleaning out her closet, my friend Amanda had lots of new and barely used clothes that don't fit her anymore...she's on a weight loss mission and doing awesome...and told me to take what I wanted. Take I did. We had a fashion show and paraded around her house and I made a haul...I couldn't believe my luck. I really don't enjoy shopping for clothes, but this "shopping trip" was the most fun a girl could have. Thanks so much, AJ! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
Got home just as Kaed got home from school and made dinner...laid down for an hour to rest (the cold was just becoming apparent) and then got the kids to bed. Spent the evening playing Scrabble with my husband, who beat me by only 14 points...darn it all in Dutch! Went to bed with cold medicine.

Thursday: The trip to the doc with Kaeden took up the first half of my day...the second half? Well, an evening out with my friend Lisa! We met up in Weert, talked and talked some more, did a bit of shopping, and had a nice dinner on the terrace. Jammer that our fave restaurant is now closed, but we found another with good bread and yummy rosemary potatoes. But the food wasn't what did it for me...it was the company. Lisa and I always have lots of laughs mixed in between the serious wisdom of friendship and it was great to see her again. Thanks for making the trip, and making mine worthwhile. I got home to a quiet house...Erwin was asleep with the boys...and went to bed early.

Wednesday: See Women entry...but during the day, Jari had a friend come to play. It was an afternoon filled with constant supervision and entertainment. Kaeden had sport club, Jari had soccer practice, Kaeden had Judo...and me, well, I had a busy day!

Tuesday: Day not too difficult, but I did prepare a Mexican dinner of enchiladas and spanish rice with homemade tortillas...a bit of work, but worth the effort. Erwin picked up my friend Sharon to come and share dinner with us and then watch the kids for us so we could attend Jari's introductory evening at school. We had no worries with what Jari is supposed to accomplish this school year...for the most he already knows. However, many parents were worried and thought that the expectations of the kids were far too high. I'm glad our son is a high-achiever. We need it after the notes about Kaeden this week being sent to the director...darn...pure sorrow and confusion about what to do with this child. We got home and I took Sharon back to her place where I agve her a coloring and highlights. It was one of those girly evenings which are just fun. We watched a movie, In Her Shoes, which was cute, and I left my girlfriend at 3am with red hair and orangish highlights. It looks good on her, though I'd never be brave enough to do it myself.

Monday: Early morning bike ride to the city, where I found Erwin's 8X4 and bought 6 of them! Also picked up a few other little goodies for the upcoming holidays, then made my way to the insurance company. All this insurance business has me a bit stressed. I am insured in Belgium, but under new laws also have to be insured in Holland, and because Erwin is insured under a different company than me, we've had a few problems. It took 1 1/2 hours, but at least all the paperwork is turned in adn I should be good to go in 2 weeks time...we'll see. Got home just in time to pick Jari up for lunch, then as we were walking back to school, he threw a rock at the glass-covered bus shelter and reacted very snotty when I reprimanded him. I brought him screaming back home where he spent the afternoon taking a nap...I joined him for an hour and when he woke, he was the sunniest child around. We spent the afternoon building with blocks. Kaeden got home JUST in time to catch the bus to Judo, I picked him up and hurried myself to Choir.

So, talk about a busy week. I won't complain, but sing praises...it was a good one, and I thank my wonderful husband for putting his very best foot forward and taking on all the evening responsibilities. I couldn't do it without you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome Tera! I hope you enjoy wearing the clothes, I am glad they will be worn now and not stored away in the back of the cupboard. Make sure you take some time out for yourself during those busy days. Hope you feel better soon! HUGS Amanda :)