2.27.2007

What Matters In Life

Today has been a day of reflection for me. Sometimes we get news that makes us really take into consideration where we are in our life, how far we have come, and where we are going. Things happen, life changes, and with it, so do we as people. I was confronted with some news that makes my stomach flutter with butterflies...but not in a good sense, more a firy hot ball of nerves waiting to erupt. And it made me take a good hard look at my life, all those clips of memories that go crashing through your mind from the time you can remember until today, all the special moments you have shared with special people in your life. And what do we do with those memories when that's all that we have left? Be thankful that our brain can store that information, that we have that little something to hold onto fast...our memories.

If we are confronted with a situation in which we have no control, how do we deal with it? What chanegs do we make? Or do we continue on as we are, hoping to find happiness and success in the midst of our trials?

I'll continue reflecting, and hope that through these reflections I am granted good news that can shut down the burden giving those butterflies in my stomach life. And if confronted with a situation in which I have no control, I will use my memories to help me get through, to remind me from where I have come, and help me continue to reach where I want to be. And in the meantime, I'll be praying that I receive good news, and be relieved of the dread that certain circumstances can bring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, reflective post on learning to appreciate what we have and have had while relinquishing fear of what we know we can't control.