that made me happy yesterday:
1) When my mom called me and I answered she said "Hello Baby Girl."
2) Shopping in a second hand store, glancing through the shelves of books, and staring back at me were 2 copies of books by my favorite author (Torey L. Hayden), which I quickly snatched up for a mere 1,50
3) Spending the morning at a garden center with just my husband, walking through aisles of fresh, green shoots of flowers and plants that will become beautiful blossoms, thinking of where we will arrange our flowers, which we will buy, what colors will spring out and make us happy all summer long
4) Spending the evening hiding little goodies from a treasure box my parents sent us for Easter, and watching the excitement on my boys faces as they uncovered their finds
5) Sitting behind my husband while he and I watched a video he made during the weekend, laughing with him, while rubbing his back and feeling his body relax under my hands
6) Picking my son up from school after leaving him there for lunch, and seeing his eyes light up at the sight of mama, feeling his soft lips kiss mine without abandon in front of all the other kids, and feeling the extra hard squeeze when I told him I missed him today
7) Taking Kaeden shopping for groceries with me, and watching how he interacts with other people, seeing happiness on his face as he spoke to an old man, watching him gently maneuver our cart out of the way for a mother and her little girl
8) Reading the paper last night to discover that today a kids movie is playing at our local cinema, and making plans in my head for a fun afternoon with my children
9) Feeling hot tears pour out anger and frustration, uncertainty and pain, during a meeting at Kaeden's school...but at that same time, realizing that the reason I have so much built up hurt inside is because of the depth of my love for my son, my commitment to him and his success and happiness, and knowing that no matter what anyone else believes or says, I can see his full potential and am willing to do what it takes to help him reach it
10) Laying next to my husband in our bed as we both read our books, turning out the lights and wrapping my arms around him, and in the darkness telling him that I love him...and not only saying those words, but feeling them with a passion deep in every pore of my body, and recognizing that I made a good choice when I married this man, my partner in life and love
11) Walking into the living room after being gone all day and hearing my little critters start wheeet whheeeeting at the sound of my footsteps, and then watching them jump and spring and run when I gave them my attention and okay, a little bit of food!