4.18.2008

First Thing In the Morning

I make a cup of coffee, sit down to drink it, and pour the entire steaming cp directly over my stomach, legs, and then drop the cup, sending it shivering across the floor in 100 pieces. My body is on fire, I strip off my pants and go in search of clean ones, grab a towel to clean up the floor and then go into the kitchen to make a new cup of coffee hoping to start the morning out right. I reach for the coffee and in the process the bottle of oil on the same revolving tray plunges to the floor, oil spashing all over the cabinets, the floor a slippery mess. I continue making coffee with a big sigh...the oil is still waiting to be cleaned up...but first, I need some coffee in my system. I have a bad feeling about today...but I'm hoping that it all hit me at once and got it's deed done with nice and early.

5 comments:

Jen said...

OUCH. I hope all that cosmic badness is over with for you. I guess this approach has an upside. You get it over with quick instead of waiting for the other shoe to fall!

C. said...

Wow. I'd be in tears. Hope your day got better. I know how it goes when your coffee routine gets messed up. (( hugs ))

Alison said...

you poor thing Tera..I hope your day got better!!

Jade said...

Man...I hope your Monday started better than your last friday! I've definitely had those types of mornings. I don't know how it happens but I drop EVERYTHING, and nothing pisses me off more than having a morning like that. I think you handled it quite will by just going on with a sigh lol because I would have been swinging in the air after all of that.

Sending you much peace for you monday!

Veronica said...

Time to say the f-word. That always makes me feel better, but don't tell my husband. He gets VERY OFFENDED.