1.01.2007

Happy New Year!







It's January 1, 2007...wow, another year and 2006 already lost to life adventures! Well, maybe not so lost, but here we head into 2007...what will come? What will be? The weather is grey and rainy, I hope it's no indication of the year to come...but as much as weather can influence your moods, you are ultimately responsible for what happens in your life, whether you are happy, what accomplishments you make, what successes you can enjoy. You have the control...nobody can do it for you!

Last night we headed to Helmond to pick up Jari from his weekend with oma opa and Ilse. But, we had another mission as well...to ring in the New Year Helmond style...and ring it in we did! When we arrived I got lots of snuggles from my lil guy and that put a right ole smile on Mama's face! We took Kaeden to McD's for a little mama/papa time before picking up the rest of our litter, and he was so sweet and loveable...just happy which penetrated his adorable face. We got to Helmond watching a few fireworks light up the sky...but nothing spectacular. But once we entered oma and opa's house, the New Years spirit started to rise. Erwin got out all his fireworks and started setting all the fuses just right so he could set them off with ease. The kids got tucked in until further notice (that being about 11:40!) and we talked and it was pure gezellig (cozy)! We had some interesting conversations about sex, drugs, and alcohol...and opa presented me with a huge wine glass and a bottle of wine...oh boy...and so the story begins!

I got pretty toasted last night...it's the first time I have ever let myself go in front of my in-laws, but I felt so free and with that wine and champagne flowing through my blood, there was no stopping me...I smiled and laughed and joked and really had an enjoyable evening. It was really a lot of fun!

Once the champagne popped at midnight and we all shared our Best Wishes with each other, we headed outside to experience the light and sound show...it's so amazing, the fireworks here on New Year's...there's really nothing like it and my adrenaline always just rushes. We set off plenty of our own and Jari was very cautious while Kaeden was just pure excited! It is always fun to see all the neighbors come together, giving hands and wishes for the new year.

This morning, after waking up late, the boys presented their News years Surprises to us...super cool! They both give a little presentation with a poem and something neat they have made at school. Jari was a cook and cooked us up a Happy New year while Kaeden had made a scroll with rhyming words from the grammar he is learning and gave us a kiss on our nose...my boys make me so happy!

Happy New Year one and all...I hope yours is starting out as nice as mine...with love and wishes for a great 2007 from those that you love ...how could it get any better?



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy New Year Tera, Erwin, Kaeden en Jari! Wishing you all the very best for 2007! love from Amanda, Corné en Harry xoxoxox :)