1.26.2007

My Uncle Jack

My mom called this evening to tell me that my Uncle Jack is in the hospital. He's been fighting cancer and is having a setback...doesn't sound great to me. I feel a bit empty, wishing there was something I could do, wanting to visit him and make sure he knows that I care...but I can't. It's times like this that I wish I lived closer and could be on the next flight there, just so that I could give him a great big hug and give him my support. I hate to call with all that's going on and other visitors, and mail just takes too long to get there. My goofy, always able to make anyone laugh and smile, smart and insightful uncle, I love you. I'm praying for you, for Kathi, for Jacque and Lisa, for Sami, Alex, and Iris. I hope you'll be feeling better soon, that the pain is left behind and replaced with the man that loves to hunt, care for his cows, and treasures the friendships with his dogs. I'm there with you, in heart...I hope you know how much you mean to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tera,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments on my blog. Much appreciated.

I'm sorry you're not there to convey these feelings in person to your Uncle Jack but writing them down and posting them is the next best thing.