1.08.2007

Nothing and Everything

I don't know what to say here. I'm feeling a bit let down by my writing "talent" and as much as I have something new to say every day, I haven't been able to put anything into words. So, where have my words gone? Where has my passion for expression disappeared to? I don't know...so I'll just give a little update about life here.

First, Kaeden and Jari started back to school today. I felt kinda lost wandering around the house all alone today, without playing or creating or cleaning up little boy messes....or yelling! Actually, we had a very uneventful vacation and the boys were excellent...really, unbelievably good. I can only recount one time I really got angry about anything...they spent literally hours in the tents they created in our hallway upstairs, always using every blanket in the house, their mattresses, all the chairs...and always adding a comfy pillow for mama to be included in their parties. Each day we'd look at the clock and just before bedtime we'd pull it all apart so that papa wouldn't see the disasters that our fun left behind...or not all of it anyway! I think most Papa's disagree with teh extent of play mama's allow...at least that's how it is on our front...I like and live freedom of expression. Papa wonders how in the world we can create such a huge mess. I agree, they've got to learn to clean it up too. Anyway, they slept in their tent one night, and were completely overjoyed. And they had a blast doing nothing more than playing at home with nowhere we had to be...

Kaeden is turning TWELVE this week! It's his golden birthday and I'm in a bit of a state about it all. 12 just seems like such a turning point in a kid's life, and I feel a bit sad, a bit excited, a bit overwhelmed by it all. I want this to be a special birthday for him, one he'll always remember...12 on the 12th...what could be a better occasion? So, I've arranged a small bowling party for him and we'll be setting up his new bedroom for him to come home to after his party at school. And I gotta decide what to do about the cake??? Happy Birthday dear son...I sure do love you more with each passing year...

Erwin set up some new spaces for me to organize all my crafting supplies. But I am not a person that excels with organizational skills. Especially in a crafting sense. I threw out about 100 non-working markers today and tried to throw away a bunch of other stuff, but darn it all, someday we might just need it! You know, to glue on some project or someting! I look at my little messy corner and understand his desire to have it all cleaned up...but how? Good question! I made a dent in it, hon...albeit a tiny one! Thanks for the cubbies...all the feathers and pom-poms and buttons haev found a new home!

To date, I am very proud of myself! My goal for 2007 is to gain control of my laundry...and since Jan 1 rolled around I am happy to report that each night before bed every fresh washed item of clothing has found it's way to the closets! No more searching through piles or laundry baskets or the kids asking me where their socks or undies are while I yell back "Just look on mama's bed!" I still haven't gotten around to ironing Erwin's work shirts...but it's onthe agenda for THIS week! Or else, I may have to cash in on that coupon my firend gave me for Christmas...I got 2 hours of free ironing coming my way! HAHA!

My wok lessons start Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it. I like the taste of stir-fry, but whenever I attempt it, all my veggies end up a mushy mess...still tasty, but I went that fresh crispness...you know! Something that snaps when it enters your taste buds! Yum! I hope they don't do all seafood stuff...that'd really disappoint me...but I am lookign forward to it. Now I just gotta get a wok for home to share my new knowledge.

I called about another class that starts nextw eek as well...Explore your other self. Hmmm, quite a title, so I called the lady giving the class and she's going to email me the details. It sounds interesting to me...maybe I could find the person I used to be that I sometimes miss since I've lived in Europe. Maybe I can figure out how to motivate myself to lose some weight or take up crafting again, or start something new like dihital scrapbooking which fascinates me. Or maybe it's total BS, as Erwin's look told me when I suggested to him I wanted to take the class....hahaha, it was quite funny! Anyway, I made the first effort, a call, which is what turns me off from doing 100 things I'd liek to do because it's harder to express yourself in a foreign language on the phone where you can't use body langauge or facial expression to help get your point across...We'll see...

We took the boys for a walk through the woods yesterday...and got stopped by police control on the way there. I didn't bring our passports cuz I didn't feel like carrying them with me all over through the woods...as I explained this to the cop, he just said "You realize you are leaving the country and it's obligatory." Well, they let us continue on our journey anyway with no fine and we had a great time walking through the woods, feeding the animals, enjoying the warm winter. I hate having my passport be so important. Geez, when in America half the people (or more) don't even own one. Here, you can't leave home without it. Just one of the little things...

Well, Kaeden is at Judo and Jari in the tub and Erwin should be here any minute to pick Jari up and take him to pick Kaeden up so I can go to choir. I sure have a great, giving husband. But I like to think that he's the way he is cuz I am also a great, giving wife. Dunno his take on the matter, but I think ti takes lots of give/give to make a relationship work. And ours is definitely working. There isn't another man I'd rather be sharing my life with. Now, if he'd just let me get that puppy or kitty I am so craving... :-)

Cheers, Happy 2007, and may it be a prosperous, healthy, wonderful year for all of us!

No comments: