5.10.2006

Birds


I am a bird person. I love watching them, hearing them sing, seeing babies nesting, feeding them. I can sit for hours in our yard and just watch them come for food and get braver as they come to know I am there to help them along. I would love to take some bird-watching classes, but just haven't taken the step to sign up for one yet. As much as I love birds, I know very little about the different species and types, and learning those things would make me a happier and more rounded person (do I need to be more round? hahaha). Their colors are so vibrant and how they fly just amazes me. I have watched videos about how birds take flight and it's just really beautiful. I love nature, and birds are such a big part of that.

Anyway, last year there were baby falcons born in a town nearby here, high in a tower. There were cameras placed to watch their progress, and this year they have returned to raise their four new babies. You can watch them live and I think that is just wonderful. Technology has really given us so many opportunities to learn and understand. I'd like to share the link so you can see for yourself why birds intrigue me. See those babies being fed by their mother, growing, and then learning to fly. The link is of course in Dutch, but you can still see the live-camera without needing to read any Dutch. So have a peek...they are adorable! And if you double-click on the live-picture itself, you'll have a full screen image. Ricght now they are all curled up together sleeping, their tiny feathers rustling in the wind. Just beautiful!

http://www.planet.nl/planet/show/id=2219209/sc=cf508f

No comments: