5.09.2006

Friends


Today I got a surprise in the mail. It was a book about autism titled The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. It's a book I have been wanting since hearing so many parents of autistic kids give it a thumbs up. Since I didn't find it at the bookfair I went to a few weeks back, I put it on my wishlist with hopes of getting it for my birthday...but now I don't have to wait. A friend of mine had it sent to my home and made me cry with a very sweet message stating what a good mom I am. Some days you just need to hear that as it's so easy to judge yourself as a parent and look at all the wrongs you do...and much harder to see the positives. I do my best and sometimes it isn't good enough, but hearing others tell you they see you doing well means the world. Amanda, thanks so much for the special surprise and for bringing me face-to-face again with the reality of what friendship means. I have friends, they bring me smiles and laughter, they give me support and hope, and they teach me what it means to be a friend. I hope that I can give back just a little of what I get from my friends. I hope that when my friends think about the people they are happy to have in their lives I count as one of them. I hope that I am a good friend...because my good friends have taught me what that means. Thanks!

No comments: