5.16.2006

IK KAN FIETSEN!




I was trying to remember the first time I rode a bike. And I can't. I can't remember what my bike looked like or where I lived, but I do know that at some point I learned to balance myself enough to get moving. Well, the past week Jari and I have been working on his bike riding! And he CAN do it...but he's so scared! So today, I got out a new biking helmet I bought him and told him with that he wouldn't get hurt if he fell. We went to the school where we practice and he took off and went...a whole 20 yards before he realized I wasn't holding on! We managed to go about 20 lengths before he'd had enough (and me...my back and legs were killing me from bending over!) and asked if we could try it tomorrow again. But, my baby can ride a bike! It's so exciting! And I can bet you one thing, I won't be forgetting when he first rode, what his bike looked like, or where he lived! It's etched in his mama's heart, there to remain! Yeah, Jari, GO GO GO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go Jari!!!